Lip Enhancement is a popular non-surgical treatment to enhance the shape, volume and hydration of lips. Dermal Fillers can provide an effective volume enhancing solution that keeps them feeling soft and natural.
- The majority of brands are made from hyaluronic acid
- Immediate results
- Single treatment
- Minimal downtime
- Lasts 6-18 months depending on the product used and site of treatment
What is Hyaluronic Acid & How Does it Work?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar chain molecule found in all skin and soft tissues throughout the body, identical across species. It attracts and binds water in the skin, providing volume and hydration, but also ‘cushioning’ and supporting collagen and elastin fibres and providing a medium, or carrier, for chemical messages between the cells.
Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers are a clear sterile gel in a syringe for injection into the skin providing instant correction.
Dermal fillers are manufactured, usually through fermentation and cross linking with proteins to produce a clear, sterile gel for injection into the skin. In the UK, there are over 160 brands on the market due in some part to weak regulation.
Not all hyaluronic acids are the same and legitimate brands are NOT available for general sale on the internet and should only be administered by trained clinicians. Each brand has a range of ‘tissue tailored’ products designed for specific results. One size does not fit all.
What is it Used to Treat?
- To create fuller upper & lower lip
- To reduce fine lines around the mouth
- To lift corners of the mouth
- To erase “smokers’ lines”
- To enhance the shape and definition of the lips
- To even out unbalanced lips
After the Treatment
- Your practitioner will provide aftercare advice designed to minimise risk and promote speedy recovery from any expected side effects.
- Most people are able to continue with normal activities with immediate improvement in their appearance. Some will have some redness, pin prick marks, possibly swelling- particularly in the lips.
- Possibly bruising.
- Any swelling and bruising may be more apparent the next day.
- Make-up should not be worn for 12 hours
- You will be advised to avoid alcohol, vigorous exercise, sunbathing, and extremes of heat or cold for 14 days post treatment.
Am I suitable for Treatment?
There are a number of medical conditions and or medicines that may affect the decision to treat or the treatment plan. A full medical history and assessment of your expectations is necessary in advance of any decision to treat.
With any injectable treatment:
- Treatment is not recommended if you are suffering from any skin infection in or near the treatment area or are unwell in any way (even a cold).
- If you have previously experienced allergic reactions to any dermal filler or local anaesthetic.
- If you are taking any medicines which affect bleeding, such as aspirin or warfarin.
- If you are taking steroids or have autoimmune disease.
- If you have any bleeding disorders.
- If you suffer from a poorly controlled medical condition.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you are currently or have recently completed a course of Roacutane (Isotretinoin acne treatment) in the last 18 months.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Injections on the face can trigger the cold sore virus. If you are a sufferer, you must advise your clinician in advance of treatment. If you have recently had treatment with any other dermal filler.
- If you are planning to attend a special event when a bruise, should it occur, would be unacceptable to you. Some over the counter medicines and supplements can also affect bleeding (make you more prone to bruising) as can alcohol- which should be avoided the day before and after treatment.
- Vigorous exercise, sun exposure, sun beds, sauna should be avoided for 48 hours, or as advised by your clinician, after treatment. Safety has not been established for those skins susceptible to keloid scarring.
Is it Safe?
All treatments carry a degree of risk.
All risks and complications will be discussed with you at consultation and prior to any treatment being agreed. Dermal fillers should be administered by a healthcare professional with specialist training. Side effects include, but are not limited to;
The above are temporary and usually resolve within the first few days, swelling is often marked the next morning but settles within hours, bruising can take a week to 10 days to resolve and can sometimes persist for longer.
Does it Hurt
Most leading brands also contain a local anaesthetic and most clinicians will apply topical anaesthetic cream, or ice, prior to treatment to numb the skin. Treatment need not be painful.
How Long Will it Last?
Longevity does vary between products, and between individuals, but most will last between 6 months and 18 months.
The Heart Lips ™ technique is a revolutionary lip filler technique developed by Professor Bob Khanna. Professor Khanna is one of the leading figures in the Aesthetics world and has developed facial aesthetics on a global scale. Appearing on documentaries such as Cosmetic Surgery Live, and being involved in the award winning Nip-Tuck, Professor Khanna has paved the way for facial aesthetic clinics to appear on our doorsteps. His technique is so ground breaking that only a few clinics across the UK & globally have adopted the method. Pat is one of a very few clinicians around the world who has learnt how to do this technique personally from Professor Khanna.
Our Lip Filler services aim to give you perfect, fuller heart shaped lips. Heart shaped lips are beautifully feminine and hugely popular with our patients. The technique provides a more specific shape than normal lip filler treatments as the technique of injecting the filler is more skilled, resulting in lip enhancement for fuller lips.
How does Restylane Kysse work?
Restylane Kysse can create the perfect shaped lips that are full of volume and plumpness. Guaranteed to attract the attention of anyone.
With added 0.3% lidocaine to increase optimum comfort of treatment for the patient.
Restylane Kysse contains the active ingredient cross linked, non- animal based Butanediol Diglycidyl Ether (BDDE). Optimal Balance Technology allows Restylane fillers to integrate smoothly into the skin, giving a higher acceptance rate by the patient’s skin. It ensures an optimal balance between the level of cross-linking and gel calibration that exists due to an equilibrium concentration of hyaluronic acid